Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Stokyj96's Reviewing Shop!

Creator: Stokyj96 May 26, 2014 8:07am
1 2
Stokyj96
<Member>
Stokyj96's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2014 8:07am | Report
PLEASE NOTE: I will get around to all guides posted here eventually, however I am also focusing on the new/updated guide at the moment to get them started.

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am stokyj96 and I am a Silver solo queue player on OCE, I know its bad, but I live in a rural WA, the internet really is atrocious. I've made a few guides over my time, one for Poppy and my more recent AP Kog'Maw guide.

I've taken to reviewing guides in my spare time for anyone who needs some quality feedback on their guide.

Please post whether the build is supposed to be meta orientated or not, theres been some confusion amongst the forum moderators with regards to my personal opinions when it comes to reviewing the viability of a particular build.

How does this system work?

• If you want a review, please post a link here with the request.
  • I'm a fan of underplayed champions, throw me some!
  • Note: I will downvote, or upvote, if I find your guide is really bad or good.
  • I can offer a mark out of /10 for your guide. Please state this in your request.
  • If there are particular portions of the guide you would like me to take a look at, make a mention of it!

Finally, if you enjoyed (or disliked) my review, I ask that you message me with your thoughts!

Thanks!

~Stokyj96~
Thanks to IpodPulse for the awesome signature!
Vedetta9
<Member>
Vedetta9's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2014 8:17am | Report
Isolanporzellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 11:32am | Report
Thanks for the review. I'm finished with the matchup section now and made a few changes with the cheat sheet structure. Feel free to have a look at the changes if you like.
Feel free to have a look at one of my champion Guides:

Or have a short look at my champion ideas.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 11:47am | Report
I don't want to bully you away from reviewing but you're essentially a bronze player (since OCE server is far below EU/NA/KR/CN). It's just like reviewing a science paper without any knowledge on the subject.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 4:10pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
you're essentially a bronze player (since OCE server is far below EU/NA/KR/CN)

So what statistics are there to prove this? I'm genuinely curious.

Also, you don't have to be diamond to review a guide. Not every review has to be about the viability of the guide at Challenger elo - most MobaFire guide writers don't need that, they want to know how they can improve their guide. Improvements can come down to things unrelated to challenger level play, such as formatting, wording (including grammar/spelling etc) and other general matters.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 10:13pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

So what statistics are there to prove this? I'm genuinely curious.

I don't know about the actual numbers...but, generally, the smaller the pool you have to draw from, the more skewed the numbers will be. That's just basic statistics.
koolkruse
<Member>
koolkruse's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 10:27pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

I don't want to bully you away from reviewing but you're essentially a bronze player (since OCE server is far below EU/NA/KR/CN). It's just like reviewing a science paper without any knowledge on the subject.

Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2014 12:09am | Report
No-one in Oceania should be any worse than anywhere else.
The only change is the pools smaller, so amount of people that deserve to be in Diamond is lower than the amount in Europe, and so our Diamond contains people that would probably be Platinum/Gold anywhere else. And the same for the other tiers except probably Silver/Bronze.

Basically MOBAFire.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2014 12:35am | Report

Oceania should be any worse than anywhere else.

The only change is the pools smaller, so amount of people that deserve to be in Diamond is lower than the amount in Europe, and so our Diamond contains people that would probably be Platinum/Gold anywhere else. And the same for the other tiers except probably Silver/Bronze.

Contradiction much? Also, this is exactly what people are saying.
Stokyj96
<Member>
Stokyj96's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2014 1:41am | Report
Look guys, I'm happy if you don't agree with my skill level, I play league for fun and I'm limited by my ping to the oceania servers as I live in a rural area. Lets face it, I enjoy the game and I enjoy playing it with my mates and at the end of the day I'm happy with it.

Just because Oceania has a smaller player base doesn't make us any worse off than the rest of the world, your a human being as well. Plus it's not as if you have to take my advice, this entire website is dedicated to presenting your opinions and gameplay styles to other people.

I average 3.5-4.1-10.4, I am learning like everyone else.... Gotta start somewhere Vynertje.
Thanks to IpodPulse for the awesome signature!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide