Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Issue with readability of extensive Notes

Creator: Lulu Mushroom Teas February 2, 2022 8:44am
Lulu Mushroom Teas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2022 8:44am | Report
Hi, there.

I've found this small issue since I've started writing my first guide. I understand Notes are supposed to be tiny to moderately small, but since I tend to write a lot, when some of my Notes did get a bit too extensive in words (I was aware I myself couldn't read them on the screen on the Published Guide, but I first thought it might just be my own navigator's limitation...), I even received feedback from a visitor (you may check in DISCUSSION section of my Guide, for Kingcat's message on December 29, 2021 9:25am). I've eventually fixed it, making changes to the Notes' textes and reducing them.

But recently it happened to me again (despite my previous knowledge to be more careful about Notes' texts)! I didn't edit the Notes yet, so if we get in my Guide and scroll down to the foruth ITEM GROUP which title is FIRST RECALL: PRIORITARY COMPONENT & ITEM EXPLANATION, FOR EACH 1ST ITEM [ ORDERED BY PRICE ] and check for 2 Notes, right above Umbral Glaive and Imperial Mandate respectively, we may see what's going on. In the case of Umbral Glaive, I was able to count 43 lines of text, considering the width of the Note's box.

Also, to be fair, I've also discovered recently zooming in/out can (on certain occasions, if the text doesn't become too small) allow for us reading the Notes, but it might not be so intuitive to do so in the navigator, especially because Notes are "popup" boxes. Maybe, if there was something like a word/line counter along with an Alert message that told the writer that his/her Note is getting too large (there is some Alert icons/messages on the Runes section, when Rune Pages are incomplete for instance)... this could be very handy; or if there was some other tool allowing for visitors to navigate inside the Notes' boxes (for example, there is a scroll bar at the Chapters' navigator in the right side menu.

By the way, why don't the Notes texts benefit from the feature of LoL icons coding? If they did, that would be awesome I guess.
Thanks for your attention; have a nice week.
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2022 2:33am | Report
Hey @ Lulu Mushroom Teas!

I don't think we expected someone to go very in-depth using the notes. 😅

I'll make a note for our team to look into it when we get the chance, and see what we can do.

What do you mean icons coding, like this? Lulu
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2022 7:08am | Report
Hi, Hades4u!

Oh, my... seems like I'am always on the edge of the abyss...

Thank you for giving the issue a follow-up.

For the icons, yes, exactly those ones Lulu. For some reason, the icon coding seems to be "disabled" at the Notes unfortunately... Maybe it's because Notes have no formatting options at all? since we can't seem to be able to have there an empty line also.

Cheers!
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2022 12:43pm | Report
I'll check to see if we can enable formatting for notes. I think it might be possible. 😁
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2022 9:08am | Report
Hades4u wrote:
I'll check to see if we can enable formatting for notes. I think it might be possible. 😁

That would be marvellous; it might impact greatly many Guides/Builds out there. Hope it's feasible and simple. Good Luck for all of us!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide