Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! ๐Ÿ†
's Forum Avatar

A penny for my thoughts* - The opinion of a reader

Creator: Latest Legend August 3, 2014 4:42pm
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 8:02am | Report
I feel so flawed.

Rep+

Will make edits soon. Thanks for the read.
Glad I could help!

Quoted:
lol the nitpicks are great, really.
Thanks!
PsiGuard wrote:
This reminds me a little of myself when I started reviewing. Good luck with your reviews and I hope you don't get too swamped with requests!
Thanks!

Quoted:
Read my Leona guide. I like to live dangerously.
I used to play Leona a lot so I might say a bit more about the content this time around. That said, I'm still running gp5 quints so my viewpoint may be a bit outdated.

Props for the lack of image abuse and the relatively small banner, except for the Masteries section. I'm not a coding wizard, but should those trees be possible using a table (and database icons) instead?

Perhaps you could add Sona and Blitzcrank to the match-ups. You discuss Alistar, Janna and Thresh in the match-ups while you don't list them in the cheat sheet.

Your style regarding linking the database seems a little inconsistent to me. I'm not sure what to say about it though.
nitpick alert
Overall a good looking and comprehensible guide.

Hope it helps!

I can't write lengthy conclusions QQ

Read my Talon guide. I'll check your comment in about a week when you're finally done.
You mean the jungle guide, right? :P
I'll see if I can get it done tomorrow.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 9:42am | Report
You mean the jungle guide, right? :P
I'll see if I can get it done tomorrow.

No, that's barely even a guide. I'm talking about this one.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-new-talon-336414
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 10:13am | Report
thatwasthejoke.png
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 10:19am | Report
well how was i supposed to know that? >:l
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 10:24am | Report
That's where ":P" comes in. But I guess I wasn't clear. Sawry Q_Q
Pallis123
<Member>
Pallis123's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 10:53am | Report
Could you review my Taric guide? :D

My Taric guide
- Thanks Emikadon for the beautiful signature! :D
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2014 7:32am | Report
I used to play Leona a lot so I might say a bit more about the content this time around. That said, I'm still running gp5 quints so my viewpoint may be a bit outdated.

Props for the lack of image abuse and the relatively small banner, except for the Masteries section. I'm not a coding wizard, but should those trees be possible using a table (and database icons) instead?

Perhaps you could add Sona and Blitzcrank to the match-ups. You discuss Alistar, Janna and Thresh in the match-ups while you don't list them in the cheat sheet.

Your style regarding linking the database seems a little inconsistent to me. I'm not sure what to say about it though.
nitpick alert
Overall a good looking and comprehensible guide.

Hope it helps!

I can't write lengthy conclusions QQ

Thanks, +rep!

Few things,
  • I made the guide before tables were implemented and so I guess you could say there are a lot of things that would be better or easier with the use of them now, but I can't be bothered to get into tables now and the masteries thing, as complicated as it is, is okay now and there's not much point in killing it just so I can use tables to make it again.
  • That part of the guide was meant to just explain a few things regarding bad Leona matchups, not every matchup. Blitz is a one trick pony that's easy to beat with just about any support and Sona is the squishiest champion in the game. However, after being asked to include a variety of other champions, the chapter will probably turn out to have every single support there is regardless of how much they counter or are countered by Leona. So, stay tuned? :P
  • I wrote the guides in bits, throughout a course of a couple of months or more. There's a lot of inconsistency regarding quite a few things. AD carry and marksman*, lane phase auto attack and lane-phase auto-attack, probably even stuff like armor and armour. Same goes with the consistency with using BBCode icons and such. I like to think that the words are far enough from eachothern not to matter because going through the entire guide to fix all of these inconsistencies would be true hell.
    *However I think I replaced every ADC with marksman.
  • The ยค in the image are... an image. The font in which ยค were used is different than the font used on Mobafire. I couldn't be bothered getting into which font was what so I just went with a font that looked reasonably similar.
  • The introduction hasn't got anything linked to the database, so neither will Eclipse will be linked to it.
  • Added some information and changed up every comma issue and similar.

Anyway thanks again, was very helpful. I'll be adding more match-ups and possibly a video soon. :)

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2014 11:24am | Report
Quoted:

Thanks, +rep!

Few things,
  • I made the guide before tables were implemented and so I guess you could say there are a lot of things that would be better or easier with the use of them now, but I can't be bothered to get into tables now and the masteries thing, as complicated as it is, is okay now and there's not much point in killing it just so I can use tables to make it again.
  • That part of the guide was meant to just explain a few things regarding bad Leona matchups, not every matchup. Blitz is a one trick pony that's easy to beat with just about any support and Sona is the squishiest champion in the game. However, after being asked to include a variety of other champions, the chapter will probably turn out to have every single support there is regardless of how much they counter or are countered by Leona. So, stay tuned? :P
  • I wrote the guides in bits, throughout a course of a couple of months or more. There's a lot of inconsistency regarding quite a few things. AD carry and marksman*, lane phase auto attack and lane-phase auto-attack, probably even stuff like armor and armour. Same goes with the consistency with using BBCode icons and such. I like to think that the words are far enough from eachothern not to matter because going through the entire guide to fix all of these inconsistencies would be true hell.
    *However I think I replaced every ADC with marksman.
  • The ยค in the image are... an image. The font in which ยค were used is different than the font used on Mobafire. I couldn't be bothered getting into which font was what so I just went with a font that looked reasonably similar.
  • The introduction hasn't got anything linked to the database, so neither will Eclipse will be linked to it.
  • Added some information and changed up every comma issue and similar.

Anyway thanks again, was very helpful. I'll be adding more match-ups and possibly a video soon. :)
Glad it was useful! Good luck with the video and stuff.

I don't want to ignore your list but I also don't want to discuss because I think there's nothing to discuss since it's your guide so you know it better and you don't have to justify your actions or whatever you do with my input anyway. I see it the task of the guide writer to separate the wheat from the chaff.
I understand your points though, and I guess I could add that the style and masteries issues were minor, even for nitpicks

Later realized my epic two pairs of boots joke was probably only clear to me. I meant the typo in "percentege"(should be percentage). There's "movemnt speed" a few words before that as well (both in Janna match-up spoiler)

Also I'm happy to announce I did a Leona game yesterday and I won so you won't be reported! Congratulations :P
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2014 12:54pm | Report
It's not really about justifying the stuff I did in my guide, it's rather that I want to let you know that the suggestions that I didn't implement were still okay; and I didn't implement them because of some other reason.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2014 2:05pm | Report
Oh, I see. Thanks for letting me know, and sorry for jumping to conclusions.

EDIT: Vapora I don't think I'll manage to finish it today after all. Well it's technically the next day already.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide