Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What is in your opinion a succesful guide?

Creator: pepsiM4A1 December 26, 2013 10:11am
1 2
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 2:03am | Report
Make it simple, but informative.
Make it easy on the eyes.
Have correct information.
Give them specific tips on how to play the champion. (ie. juking, kiting, freezing)
Give feedback once in awhile when people ask questions.
Show them what play-style they should be using for the certain champion.

There are so many guides I refuse to read because it's just too long, or that I'm just lazy now.
Honestly no one really cares if your guide seems long and informative they want the answers.
I think adding your own flare to the guide will appeal to the masses as well. I'm pretty sure some people have gone to my guide based on my mannerisms and personality alone just to see what I've written. MAKE SOMEONE WANT TO COME BACK TO YOUR GUIDE AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 3:24am | Report
A good guide has:
- A well-tested build with alternative picks
- A well done presentation of that build
- A fullbuild explanation (runes, masteries, summonerspells, skillorder and items)
- A full explanation of tactical parts of the champion+role the guide is about (pros and cons, abilities, early-mid-lategame sections)
- A good use of structure so that the necessary information can be found in a blink.

Make sure that with all explanations that everything is clear for the reader. This means that you start of broad (eg for runes: Marks are offensive, seals defensive, glyphs spells) and then continue to go step by step until you are in detail (eg for runes: Hybrid penetration marks are the best for Teemo since it will have the biggest increase of damage out of all marks due to the mixed damage done by Teemo's auto attacks). You can do the same thing for items, masteries, summoner spells, anything really :P
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 8:12am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Alright I'm not going to lie, that confused the hell out of me :P

See? (Sentence) Structure is important! It's confusing because it's incorrectly and poorly written. Changed.

'Is it structured in such a way that confuses me unless I...'
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide