Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

My Ashe Guide

Creator: jhoijhoi May 20, 2011 8:11am
119 posts - page 4 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 6:37pm | Report
lol, sorry for spamming. I've changed my guide. Instead of having three builds that focus on New Ashe, Intermediate Ashe and Expert Ashe, I've changed it to New Ashe, Last Whisper Build and The Black Cleaver Build.

This way the readers can see the benefits of both items and come to the conclusion themselves which item would be better for the situation.

I would like some opinions on whether I should have the three builds up on display at the top. As in, my guide will become a team guide and initially the builds will be hidden until the user clicks on one of the icons. I've found that this can be a bit fiddly to a new user and I wouldn't want to put them off. What do you guys think?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Janitsu ♡
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 7:03pm | Report
Max frostshot first, for starters. then you also want this order: Dorans blade, mercury treads, infinity edge, last whisper, banshees veil, bloodthirster, phantom Dancer
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 7:16pm | Report
Frost Shot before Volley?

It's Ultimate > Volley > Frost > Hawk. Only taking Hawk rank 1 in level two or three, then max it last.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 7:28pm | Report
I def prefer Frost > Volley. But then, I also use a bulky Frozen Mallet Ashe, so lol, don't take my opinion. I just can't play any build except my own.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 11:16am | Report
Let's do some math: a Last Whisper is NOT better than Youmuu's GB unless the enemy has MORE THAN 50 armor. Because until that point the innate 20 penetrated by the Youmuu's is actually more than or equal to 40% of their total armor (but of course BC is a better item than GB).

20=100%
30=66.7%
40=50%
50=40%

When talking about Youmuu's vs. LW, Youmuu's is actually better, until they have MORE THAN 50 armor.

Now for Black Cleaver:

45/.4 = 112.5: so the enemy has to have at least 113 armor before LW will be better than BC (at full stacks)....
50=90%
60=75%
75=60%
90=50%
120=37.5%

so actually we should all be getting BC on Ashe in the end, unless they are stacking armor.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 12:31pm | Report
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=491476

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=483236

The first link is better.

Consider that Infinity Edge into Last Whisper into Zeal is one of the strongest openings for Ashe.

Consider that Zeal+Last Whisper costs just about as much as a Black Cleaver, and has cheaper components.

Consider that at 50-100 armor levels, Black Cleaver only barely does more damage than Last Whisper+Zeal, and has to do so in multiple hits. Last Whisper is far and away superior for poking harass, especially when utilizing Focus or to poke with Volley.

Consider that (what Jet said) opponents only have to invest 700 gold in a Chain Mail to nullify a large portion of the damage from Black Cleaver, a 3065 gold investment. When buying Last Whisper, they must spend much more to keep the same amount of survivability.

Last Whisper actually lets you hurt tanks, which is very noticeable when you're trying to kite them in a team fight. People yell at carries for attacking tanks - this isn't a bad thing if you're doing it to CC them out of the fight.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 1:02pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Runes: Quints of Desolation, Marks of Armour Penetration, Seals of Armour, Glyphs of Cooldown Reduction

Good change, I guess. But HP/lvl seals generally is stronger for your overall survivability since armor only affects enemies with physical damage. And I don't know about you but I like a little boost to mana reg in lategame so I go with Greater Glyph of Scaling Mana Regeneration. I think it's better to always have mana than to be able to cast spells more often (even if Hawkshot is free). Not recommending against CDR though.

Quoted:
Skilling Order: Enchanted Crystal Arrow > Volley > Hawkshot / Frost Shot
- remained the same so far because the utility Hawkshot brings is too vital to give up in regards to increasing its range

You really only need 1 or 2 points in Hawkshot early on. Otherwise you'll gimp your ability to slow in midgame. Maybe it's just personal preference though.

Quoted:
Items: Doran's Blade, Mercury's Treads, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Banshee's Veil, Bloodthirster, Black Cleaver

Bloodthirster and Black Cleaver are still in dispute as to whether they should be swapped out for Last Whisper or another damage/attack speed item.

I only did a DPS graph (in which BC won by far) and Volley isn't affected by BC because it's on hit. I might need to make a graph for pure damage. Thoughts? (BC vs LW)
I will make a complete analysis in a week or so.

Also; you should definitely make boots a choice between Merc and Greaves. Greaves are often better unless the enemy team packs a lot of hard CC (that isn't knock ups as it isn't affected by CC reduction).
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 1:37pm | Report
Consider that Infinity Edge into Last Whisper into Zeal is one of the strongest openings for Ashe.

Using nothing but pure numbers, BC is the best choice.
Oddly enough, SotD actually gives you better armor pen with the active than any of the above listed items, but that's not important.

I'm not saying Last Whisper is bad, but the math says BC should be a better choice for 50-113 armor and Youmuu's should be better for 20-50 armor. Once they hit 113 armor you should get a LW: it should be treated the same as a void staff, as it ends up being almost worthless early game compared to other ArPen items.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 2:55pm | Report

I'm not saying Last Whisper is bad, but the math says BC should be a better choice for 50-113 armor and Youmuu's should be better for 20-50 armor. Once they hit 113 armor you should get a LW: it should be treated the same as a void staff, as it ends up being almost worthless early game compared to other ArPen items.

Don't forget TBC takes 3 or 4 hits (not sure) to get to 45 ArP, and if you change targets you'll need to start all over again.
On the other hand, it also boosts other's dmg, not just yours.

In most cases I think LW will let you do more dmg than TBC.

Btw, I think your guide is too confusing and has too many wrong/useless info. You also keep contradicting yourself.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 3:09pm | Report
TBC is three hits. The only point of my comment was only to show people what the math actually was, as no one had presented it in the thread. In most cases you will need at least three hits to get a kill anyways, so it seemed silly to mention it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide