Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Build Stagnation

Creator: Palthios March 29, 2013 4:36pm
Palthios
<Member>
Palthios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 7:52pm | Report
According to everything then on. I mentioned my guide once to state where the example was coming from. Every post then on had everything to do with masteries. Someone else may may mentioned my guide in there posts but mine had nothing to do with anything but masteries.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 8:27pm | Report
And that is a case of discussing the example at hand, which means it is relevant.
Palthios
<Member>
Palthios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 9:15pm | Report
wtf are you talking about? Youre choosing to make it relevant. End of story.

By that logic, if I was talking to someone about sex in general it would also have to directly relate to someone Ive been with. Thats the not case. Thats a detail you choose to make relevant.
Palthios
<Member>
Palthios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2013 5:04am | Report
And because you guys like reddit so much: http://postimg.org/image/59kzippxb/

One of my youtube viewers sent me this gem.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2013 6:36am | Report
i love how pickpocket is worth more on melee champs than ranged ones
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2013 12:15pm | Report
Quoted:

i love how pickpocket is worth more on melee champs than ranged ones

It also doesn't take into account that you actually have to hit them every time it's off CD to make it worth it.

Also, you can't really put a gold cost on the summoner spell CDR masteries since almost nothing in the game does that other than one item, and it's cost effective even without that.

Same with Artificer and Improved Recall . Nothing in the game that you can pay for gives those stats.

Same with Honor Guard since nothing gives you % damage reduction anymore.

I can go on for days about how that whole thing is pretty much worthless in terms of "most expensive page" which also, on the same image, says it's not the most optimal page. You're losing some probably important stuff to get a tiny gold advantage. Not really worth it.
True love is found only in yourself.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2013 2:11pm | Report
Palthios wrote:

wtf are you talking about? Youre choosing to make it relevant. End of story.

By that logic, if I was talking to someone about sex in general it would also have to directly relate to someone Ive been with. Thats the not case. Thats a detail you choose to make relevant.

Incorrect. Using someone you've been with would be a relevant example, therefore making it pertinent to discuss it if it arose. It is not a case of talking about sex, therefore that someone is relevant. The two are relatable but not connected in and of themselves.

Look, it's not difficult:

OP talks about negativity towards unconventional builds (masteries, runes, etc).

Example of your guide is raised, which holds these unconventional builds.

Discussion of guide build ensues as to why these unconventional builds aren't done, or aren't done but should be done.

It's relevant. You just seem to be more butthurt about the fact that people are responding negatively to your guides.
Palthios
<Member>
Palthios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2013 2:43pm | Report
lol You can believe that if you want. Like I said to begin with, I dont care what anyone says about the guide that hasnt tried it. Anyone in a that situation is just assuming. It doesnt matter how much theoretical, logical, or statistical discussion I bring to the table. If you choose a side, youre going to stick to it until majority rules. End of story.

All I know is that I just got promoted for the second time since I started using this playstyle. It works for me and I shared it. I have nothing to be butt hurt about. If no one wanted to try it, what am I losing?

Its not like my Garen guide immediately shot to the top. It took the better part of a year for it to get there because it was so unconventional. But as more people tried it, it moved up. Because of that experience, I assume its going to be that way whenever I make a guide, because Im not going to release something conventional. Anyone can that figure that out for themselves.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2013 2:22am | Report
I'm sorry but going lizard elder on J4 after going utility tree means you have AWFUL jungle sustain. Period. Going lizard elder rush with utility on xin is also suicide against any competent opponents. I've tried it and the tradeoff of sustain for more MS in ganks just isn't worth. I can get off more ganks and do more camps then someone in utility going defensive which offsets your higher speed ganks and experience and gold bonus easily.

I'm not just some random high elo agreeing with the norm either, I've tried utility on almost all junglers and xin + j4 are no exception. I hold at least a 60% winrate with both with 25 games on xin and 100 on J4.

tl;dr 9-21-0 > 9-0-21 > 0-9-21 > 14-16-0 > 21-9-0

Haven't tried any other setups yet.

P.S. if you want cheap damage buy a brutalizer after some tank items and upgrade it as your last item.
Palthios
<Member>
Palthios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2013 8:10am | Report
I dont know for sure obviously, but I assume you tried 21 utility with Madreds Razors. I dont advocate that either. If you go that route, you dont have the health regen from spirit stone to heal during and inbetween camps and you dont have on hit sustain either if you passed up Vampirism . That setup sucks.

I dont know why people complain about jungle sustain on champions that have jungle sustain built in, but I changed my masteries to suit those complaints. With that setup theres no sustain issues at all. Youve got reduced minion damage, on hit sustain, health regen, plus Xin's sustain/J4's armor to stay healthy as hell during clears and then youve got the regen from 2 sources that quickly heals any damage youve taken when youre inbetween camps. With that setup you just stop caring about creep damage after your first couple clears. Its pretty crazy how well Vampirism and spirit stone work together.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide