Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

teleport really strong why have people not...

Creator: Cooper112 April 4, 2014 1:36pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 4:08pm | Report

I love Teleport. whenever i use a different summoner spell, i can guarantee that i notice multiple oportunities for easy kills or saved towers that i would't have missed with teleport.

I also really like it for going back and going back to lane without missing more than like 3 or 5 cs in lane.

To be fair, other players might completely miss those opportunities and instead count all the times they could have all-in'd their opponent with Ignite.
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 5:29pm | Report
Teleport like Smite, Heal, Clarity etc, is incredibly strong IF you know exactly how to use them.
If you know what you are doing you can turn a match on its head everytime you use it.
Thats what I think anyways
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 6:06pm | Report
Clarity is useless. I ain't never seen anyone turn a match on its head with it.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 7:19pm | Report
^Maybe if somebody all ins you thinking you're low on mana and can't retaliate properly, so you use clarity, pick them off, take a dragon/tower that snowballs the game in your favor and win?
That's extremely unlikely though LOL
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 8:24pm | Report
Teleport against good players basically means you are conceding the lane. Its a way bigger gamble compared to ignite. If you don't make any use of it you lose. At least holding onto ignite creates a bunch of pressure.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 8:30pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Top laners typically lack kill potential on each other anyway cause they're building so much defensive stats so you don't really need that spell for anything else. Some mid laners can still run TP really well if they lack kill potential in lane and have some great mid-game potential through roams.

This. Honestly, in solo queue, whoever gets the first kill will typically win the lane. Sometimes you have no opportunities to pull off a huge teleport in your average solo queue game.

When my opponent is running TP, i'm like 10X less scared of them.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 3:02am | Report
sirell wrote:

Clarity is useless. I ain't never seen anyone turn a match on its head with it.

Clarity can be very useful if used correctly...as Xeresace said if you in a teamfight and you could kill your opponents but you are lacking mana then you could activate it, get the needed boost and take them down.

As I said its all about knowing how and when to use it
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 3:14am | Report

Clarity can be very useful if used correctly...as Xeresace said if you in a teamfight and you could kill your opponents but you are lacking mana then you could activate it, get the needed boost and take them down.

As I said its all about knowing how and when to use it

OR you just know how to handle your mana and perserve your summoner spell for something more useful.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 3:29am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

OR you just know how to handle your mana and perserve your summoner spell for something more useful.

Some champions and players can be Mana Hungry, not just you but maybe your support or your mid for example - I am not saying every team should have clarity however if you know you are playing with people you know will run out of mana during important fights then its something that a player should consider even if you do decide not to go with it
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 3:36am | Report
You deal with being mana hungry by:

1) Working on your mana management: often times, someone who is constantly low on mana is simply using abilities too often and Clarity won't stop that from happening.
2) Getting some mana regeneration in items (mainly in mid lane by getting a Doran's Ring, Chalice of Harmony etc.)
3) Looking into using some mana regeneration in runes/masteries, for example 3-4 mana regen glyphs on some mana-intensive AD Carries.
4) Working on your mana management (this really is the most important part)

Clarity is never the answer imo.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide