Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is the GD community or the Mobafire community...

Creator: Radium Utsuho August 19, 2013 6:55am
1 2
Radium Utsuho
<Member>
Radium Utsuho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2013 6:55am | Report
Title
By GD i mean Riot's general discussion official forums
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2013 12:05pm | Report
Probably GD.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2013 12:13pm | Report
Mobafire is generally laid back.

We get slack for not having optimal builds at the top some time, but honestly we try damn hard to have great content and fix the content that isnt as good. If we were graded for effort we'd definitely get an A.

When people talk about MOBAFire, they often like to act like we're stupid for some of the things we try or do, but honestly, we're just more experimental and we love theory crafting. We don't like following the meta to the T and we like to bend the normality. Professionals do some really weird **** too, the only difference when THEY break the meta is that they can put the theory into action better.

MOBAfire is the best community I've ever been a part of online and I'm proud to be in it.

As far as general forums on league's website, I assume their every bit as toxic as the general population of League of Legends itself. And they talk **** at us about our builds, but the solid fact of the matter is, just as many of them are in the same boat as us, and I don't think either community is *better* at the game.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2013 12:32pm | Report
Think twice before post. Why not find out yourself if you are interested ? Most of the people trashing Mobafire either have never even actually been here or just find 1 bad guide out of 100 good ones and then bash the whole site for it.

But making first steps into a community with post like that ain't gonna give you good feedback.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Lord Kesharq's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2013 1:48pm | Report
Meta changes you say.....^^
Current League Goals:

Reach 1000 Normal Wins (Done)
Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

(ty to Ninja Trigger for the sic)
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2013 3:15pm | Report
considering there are more than a few high plat and diamond users on this site id think that there are good people on this website, most of which are willing to give advice and teach the lower tier players on this website

yeah there are some ****ty guides but whenever i look at solo mid theyre all extremely outdated (season 1 masteries woo) and a few of the guides ive seen on lolpro are either not made by the pro player with most things copy and pasted from the lolwiki, or they are made by the pro and the guy is all "why do i take these? because im on team curse and im right" (see nyjackys veigar guide on lolpro.com about mana regen runes)

and last night there was even a stream on MFTV were someone offered to give advice to people while they played games, i dunno other sites that do that without the mentors asking for money to tell people how to play

basically, yeah there are bad guides but there are a good amount of plat+diamond players from other servers so i doubt all the members on mobafire are bad at LoL
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 3:45pm | Report
No one posts QQ/troll/hentai threads here, so I think mobafir is a LOT better.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 3:47pm | Report
We have a lot of QQ posts, asian o.o
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 4:00pm | Report
I like LoL's Official GD because Riot employees post there on the ideas relevant to LoL. On the GD forums you get people theory-crafting about player behaviour incentives and champion skin ideas, or addressing bugs and possible champion reworks. It is hard to get a post noticed there, and if it is, it will most likely draw troll responses, as the people who frequent those forums don't have "a reputation" to uphold.

MobaFire GD is relevant to MobaFire related topics. We still talk about possible ideas for LoL improvement, but we're more about watching the pro scene and commenting on their play, or theory crafting champion builds/skilling order. We also do a lot of mentoring and helpful "AMA"/gameplay tips threads. Our community is also tighter, as most of us know each other.

MobaFire GD and Riot/LoL GD are really different; both have positive aspects, but if you're looking for a community, MobaFire is the better pick. If you're looking for up-to-date discussion of LoL gameplay (read champion reworks, item bugs etc), LoL GD is the better pick.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 4:06pm | Report
Impossible to answer. Define better, define community, etc. GD and MF are completely different, both in style and orientation. GD is purely about LoL, the game designed by RIOT Games. MF is about a lot more and is really built around sharing ideas rather than just talking about the game.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide