Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

gameplay/metagame discussion

Creator: xxssxxdd December 29, 2023 4:17am
xxssxxdd
<Member>
xxssxxdd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2023 4:17am | Report
Here's something I don't understand about the game is

In it's years of history

Why has there only been one gameplay strategy implemented?

The top and bottom lanes are practically identical,
It doesn't seem essential that there should always be somebody playing in the 'jungle'

There is easily space for two people to occupy the central lane, or to have somebody moving around.

There is no reasoning I can find to justify ONLY choosing the same or limited player class for each position, especially considering there should be at least one class which would effectively counter this (example; top lane almost always plays a TANK build, but there should be champions or entire classes who would make that useless in contest)

A few years ago the quickplay games would occasionally see two people occupy the middle lane, and for whatever reason, despite trying that now being met with (((())))) it would prove very effective. Bad matchups could easily change position, or move somewhere which would effectively clutch the game in early stages.

there has seldom ever been an occasion when I have seen strategy like "rushing top" or during what would be an unbalanced 5v5 skirmish, one or two players moving to some place where the team already has advantage.

The majority of players limit themselves or look to copy the popular (only) strategy without thinking much for themselves about what might also win the game . As if they don't actually seek to win the game, but copy YouTube videos and popular teams.

I don't understand why, now especially, draft games will limit teams or individuals to choose from //those five positions// or why a support or jungle should come under fire for doing something else with their game especially when at a disadvantage where they would spend the game feeding or not making any progress.

>OR WHY THERE IS NEVER A SUPPORT ON TOP LANE WHEN IT IS SO EASY TO RECOGNIZE THAT THE TOP AND BOTTOM LANES ARE IDENTICAL<

The only position where the player is allowed any kind of autonomy , even in their choice of class or champions is SOLO MID (who will report you for helping anyway, even if they're not doing well) and I don't often play mid.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide