Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's final Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Team Comp/metagame

Creator: mastajdog October 26, 2011 2:50pm
8 posts - page 1 of 1
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 2:50pm | Report
Alright. i'm not a new player persay, but i've never figured it out so i'd like some help and i know it will help new people.

first: what is the current metagame?
i know it's like jungler, off-tank ad solo top, ap carry solo mid, support+ad carry solo bot. is that right?

second, what are common EFFECTIVE team compositions? is a tank ususally required?
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 3:28pm | Report
To answer this question, let me advise you to clear your head.

There's lots of way to win this game, but the best, most effective, most tried and true way, is to win your team-fights.

How do you do that.

You kill all 5 champs.

AKA; Deal enough damage to kill them BEFORE they deal enough damage to kill you.

How to accomplish this;

Damage.

Tankiness.

CC.

Those are the main ways but it's deep and complex.

A team comp is good enough when it successfully kills all of it's opponents before your own team dies. The "Standard" methods to accomplish this is constantly shifting, however one thing remains.

They die before you, and it's usually GG :3

You can run Assasins, carries, offtanks, full tanks, supports, etc.

They're all promoting the same function of kill them before they kill us.
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 4:43pm | Report
Ahh... thanks. i kinda knew that. but is there like a normal team comp, or is that just totally based on each champ and how they're played, with no good general idea? becaue i've seen the all tank/off-tank team win time and time again.
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 9:57am | Report
Well they are using a champion that is well rounded to get the job done.

The reason that works in solo Q is because you can't trust anybody to do your job for you. You have to 1v5 sometimes :P So you need to be a tank, and a DPS.

Being tanky is one way to be able to kill your opponents before they kill you. Having 5 tanky champions works better at lower Elo's however, because the player are less organized, the carries are not as aware and sometimes they don't even buy last whisper, things like that. Carries let themselves get caught too often.

All kinda stuff.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 1:28pm | Report
At Low ELo.

To win most games because people love to clump together during team fights is an AOE heavy team with 1 / 2 tanky players.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 2:32pm | Report
This is true. You'd still ideally want a good DPS.

Your tanks can be the AoE bombs. Galio. Amumu. Jarv.

Sona Morg Fiddles etc, all good champs for that AoE bomb.

A good hard carry in combo with something like that is really strong. Vayne, Akali, Kogmaw, Talon, Ryze, Karthus, etc.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 6:56pm | Report
There's a massive amount of viable team compositions with the 80+ champions that are in the game right now.

Before you lock-in check that you have a champion that fits well into each lane and a jungler.

Then check your balance of magic and physical damage (too much of either is easily countered by resistances).

Also make sure you have a decent amount of CC, and specifically HARD CC to interrupt channels.

Finally, always have a strong initiator, which can be in the form of strong CC and/or a gap closer. Unstoppable Force and Enchanted Crystal Arrow are great initiation tools.

This usually won't happen, but make sure your team isn't full of 5 squishy champions. You don't necessarily need a dedicated tank; usually a tanky DPS in jungle and solo top will suffice.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 5:34am | Report
Ok. thanks a lot for that. i had that general idea, so thanks for stating that out for me.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide