Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's final Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Udyr or Lee Sin?

Creator: JBuckowskiEsq October 2, 2011 5:12pm
14 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
JBuckowskiEsq
<Member>
JBuckowskiEsq's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 5:12pm | Report
Hey guys,

I've only tried each of these a few times during free weeks (neither seems ot be free often) and I have decided I want to get one. I have ArPen and MPen marks, armor yellows, and a few different quints, and I want to run a jungler. I can jungle successfully w Gangplank, WW, and Olaf, but I really wanna learn one of these champs.

Problem is, right now, I can only get one. Can someone list the pros and cons of each, and personal preference, and maybe stuff like which one can more successfully carry a game, etc?
JBuckowskiEsq
<Member>
JBuckowskiEsq's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 5:16pm | Report
Oh, and if it it helps, Nidalee is my most loved champ. I could play EVERY game as nidalee and never get bored. So much stuff you can do, with sweet poke and that satisfying feeling of sniping an out of sight enemy with a spear. So if that helps with what champion I should play of Lee and Udyr, lemme know
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 6:02pm | Report
Lee Sin is borderline OP right now. The skillshot is about 20% of your damage. Once you get to them, they will not be getting away with Tempest/Cripple combo unless they blow flash or another comparable summoner spell.

Udyr is a great champ but, he falls off later game in at least one aspect.

Both are amazing junglers and you can run both well in competitive play.
Lee is a harder champ overall but deals so much more damage.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 9:58pm | Report
Lee Sin's initiation relies on a skillshot. If you're experienced with Nidalee, landing his Q is a piece of cake. His jungle sustain is stupidly good, he's a great counter-jungler, he counters stealth and he has a lot of utility.

Udyr's a lot easier to use, but lacks any sort of ranged ability or poke. A well-played Udyr is a pretty fearsome opponent though. Udyr can also take solo top lane very well.

I would suggest Lee Sin for you.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 9:57am | Report
Go with Udyr, easier to learn, and his early game tankyness for free is just what you want in a jungler.

Also, you're never going to get Lee in a game because he's always banned. *Rolls eyes*

Just use phoenix stance, Attack speed reds, armor or dodge yellows, MR blues, and move speed quints.

Build wit's end first, along with boots of choice whenever you choose, and Warden's mail. You can either finish Randuin's or just build a Warmog's and finish it after. FoN and Madred's are good finishing items.

You'll be very tanky with occasional turtle stances, and deal surprising amounts of damage when your 3rd attack from phoenix lands.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 10:33am | Report
ah ma god duff.

just named my phoenix build :D (excluding runes) dat's also a good laning build for udyr. (early philo op)

for you Lee Sin probably seems better since he relies exclusively on skillshots to do damage, a lot like nid.

marisi
<Member>
marisi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 11:27am | Report
Both exellent. But udyr is generally tankier and lee deals more dmg. The problem with udyr is that he has no initiation so ganking is a bit hard with him.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2011 12:20pm | Report
Udyr is so good as a jungler because he makes the most out of the lower amount of good that you'll obtain in the jungle.

Jatt could tell you all about it, with his 84% win ratio at high Elo last time I checked.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 12:00pm | Report
lol, nothing more to say, u guys are bad.

You said you're a good Nidalee player, so get Lee Sin. He can be compared to Nid's cougar, and that makes him a lot easier for you.

Udyr is a lot different on the other hand. His damage comes from auto-attacking, so some enemies will run and let you behind, but that problem can be solved (or almost solved) by getting Frozen Mallet.

Theres one more thing: you have to try them more and see the one you like most. My main is Morde, but I'm an exelent support player.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 1:22pm | Report
^ ... o_O
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide