Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo - Happy Halloween

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Community celebration time! Share a Halloween story or creation to enter our Special Halloween Giveaway! 🎃
's Forum Avatar

Today's Morde

Creator: BusDriver210 October 31, 2011 10:43pm
1 2 3 4 5
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 10:43pm | Report
So I started this thread to get some real opinions on the current state of Mordekaiser. What do you guys think of him now? What about before the Nerf? I'm starting this thread in the hopes of finding some players that can teach me a thing or two about Morde in his current state. Beyond this is my personal experience and opinions about Morde.

I'd like to start off by saying I am not very good with Morde. I played him mostly solo top before the nerf and out laned many of my opponents while raising my normal wins over 300. I play him now mostly to test unorthodox builds and explore a different side of the Morde we all know.

I classify Morde as a melee pusher. He excels at combat in the lane mostly around minions. Siphon of Destruction is usually picked first and was used to generate massive AOE shield. Before his nerf it was easy to gain half-full shield with this ability on a single minion line. Now with his nerf, Morde has a much harder time gaining shield in general. Its still easy to fight a opponent who stands in a minion line, but during early level harassment trades Morde seems very weak because of extremely low shield gain. Before level 3 fighting for CS is very unwise and I find myself getting the scrapes of the lane. Around level 5 positioning correctly to harass can push your enemies zone, but your still missing out on shield while trying to farm.

Doran's Shield

I know this is strange, but I have found Doran's shield to be my new starting item for Morde. I actually stack them up to 3 when my early solo top lane is punishing me. Against the current Meta tops, AD offtanks?, the item provides great stats and utility. The flat health is an obvious bonus from dorans, but the armor and health regen really shine on Morde. What do you guys think about a Doran's Shield start?

I find that building Morde as a tank has been the only decent way to play him. Maybe a Trinity Force or Lich Bane with a regular tanky dps build? I haven't really played many games post nerf, but he can still fit into a team. I still grab Rylai's Crystal Scepter along with a regular heavy tank Morde build. Spell pen boots have always been my main boots on Morde, but maybe Ionian Boots of Lucidity?

I have been using Greater Mark of Magic Penetration/ Greater Quintessence of Magic Penetration(maybe Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed), but have changed my seals to Greater Seal of Regeneration and my glyphs to Greater Glyph of Ability Power. I don't really think this is a great setup, just trying some things out. Ideas on runes for our current Morde?
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 10:57pm | Report
Only viable way to play Mordekaiser is some setup like

Then, you rush before level 2 boots

Everything after that is pretty much up for grabs.

I would personally Max CDR and get some form of spell pen.

This build:

Is what I would use on Mordekaiser. (Flash/Exhaust btw.)

I play him as an anti-carry, bursting people from 100-0.

I used to build a DFG instead of Frozen Heart, and used to build Void instead of Abyssal.
Tri lane for life.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 11:05pm | Report
These pictures are larger than normal.

He must be correct.
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 1:19am | Report
the nerf on morde was pretty meaningless if you are an half decent player, his damage remained wha it used to be he just gets less shield from creeps, allow me to say
BIG
****ING
DEAL

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 4:18am | Report
ZioSerpe wrote:

the nerf on morde was pretty meaningless if you are an half decent player, his damage remained wha it used to be he just gets less shield from creeps, allow me to say
BIG
****ING
DEAL

It is A BIG FUNKING DEAL.
90% of good top laners **** on Morde right now. If played correctly obviously.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 4:26am | Report
Imo Morde was nerfed pretty bad, before the nerf everyone was like "OMG why didn't you ban Morde" while at the moment its like "OMG noob don't take Morde".

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 9:49am | Report
It was a really big hit to Morde.
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 10:26am | Report
I used to main Mord in 3v3 before nerf. And yes he still has the same damage, just not the same sustainability with the shield nerf AND gunblade nerf. He won't be what he used to be by a long shot.

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 10:27am | Report
Searz wrote:

It is A BIG FUNKING DEAL.
90& of good top laners **** on Morde right now. If played correctly obviously.

^This^
Tri lane for life.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 3:04pm | Report
Dunno why he has a shield atm...
Early you cant charge it since the degeneration is as fast as ever and if you get too tanky you wont even max it any time of the game.
You´ll pay nearly as much Hp as you gain on your shield early.
IMO at least they shouldve removed the shield decrease.

See that hes fighting close-range and becomes easily focus thx to his ulti you need at least an off tank built, adding some AP with Abyssal/Rylais.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide