Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ionia vs Noxus Grudge Match

Creator: Visfarix December 8, 2010 10:59am
1 2 3
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2010 10:59am | Report
Today's JoJ has announced who the participating summoners in this epic match will be! I've compiled a list of each summoner and their respective premade 5v5 and solo q ELOs as of today. Let the speculation begin!

Note: some of the summoners were not ranked in either Premade or Solo que so they got a n/a score and were not included in the team average score.

Noxus
Vorath
-Premade (5v5): 1424
-Solo (5v5): 1355
Edwy
-Premade (5v5): n/a
-Solo (5v5): 1488
Roku
-Premade (5v5): 1555
-Solo (5v5): 1887
Poisonidon
-Solo (5v5): 1820
Friend
-Premade (5v5): 1405
-Solo (5v5): n/a

Noxus Team Average
-Premade (5v5): 1461.33
-Solo (5v5): 1637.5

Ionia
Poruku
-Solo (5v5): 1406
NeoIllusions
-Premade (5v5): 1650
-Solo (5v5): 1565
Eclipse
-Premade (5v5): 1493
-Solo (5v5): 1652
Frozt
-Premade (5v5): 1836
-Solo (5v5): 1914
Guardsman Bob
-Premade (5v5): 1882
-Solo (5v5): 1725

Ionia Team Average
-Premade (5v5): 1715.25
-Solo (5v5): 1652.4

My Conclusion: Of course while there are many other factors that will play into how the match will go and its outcome(like bans, picks, etc), I think player skill and team cooperation will count for a lot. While the average individual player skills on both teams is rather even, it feels like the Ionian team will have much better team cooperation, cohesion, and maybe even communication. However we can't count out Noxus as 2 of their players are complete unknowns in the premade ladder, which means they could very well end up being crazy Rambos and fail at team play or be the exact opposite and end up being saints and saviors for their teammates.

Anyway this is all speculation because I'm just so riled up and can't wait for the match on Friday.

I just want to keep smiling FOREVER
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2010 11:21am | Report
Yeah, it's gonna be pretty cool.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2010 11:39am | Report
Who do you think they're going to ban? I mean, with only 10 champions the bans will be even more important than ever. I feel like a good move for Ionia would be to ban Rammus, considering he's the best tank choice on that team and the other choices aren't fantastic.

Edit: Vorath has most of his games with Sion. Maybe banning rammus isn't a good idea after all.
Edwy plays morgana as one of his main characters, but he's had a few rammus, MF, and shaco games in his recent games.
Roku plays both morgana and vlad consistently, but he's had a lot of rammus games in his recent match history.
Poisonidon has sion and vlad in his most commonly played champs list, but hasn't been playing any games recently with any of the other noxus champions.
Friend only has Ionia champions in his most commonly played champions, but he's had quite a few recent games with vlad and singed.

For Ionia's team:
Poruku plays akali and ezreal commonly, and EVERY recent match has been akali. I guess we know who (s)he's playing in the match.
NeoIllusions doesn't have any of the Ionia champs in her most played list, and the only recent game she's played with one of the champs was with Ashe.
Eclipse commonly plays ezreal, and he's had practice with kennen and ashe recently.
Frozt plays udyr as one of his main champs, but hasn't played a game with any ionian champs recently.
Guardsman Bob is exactly as Frozt; plays udyr commonly, but no games with Ionian champs in the games log.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Kael312
<Member>
Kael312's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2010 1:18pm | Report
im so psyched for this, and glad its not like CLG on one team and randoms on the other
Blind Monk =/= Udyr. Please do not make that mistake; Blind Monk was made of pure awesome, from concentrate. - Guinsoo
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2010 2:52pm | Report
Oh man now that you've listed the commonly played champs of these summoners bans are somewhat harder to determine.

I was expecting Ionia to ban Rammus because he is Noxus's best tank. Sion and Singed tend to be more of off-tanks than anything else so a Rammus ban should weaken their team...

For Noxus, I'm expecting them to ban Ashe or Kennen. IMO Ashe probably the strongest ranged DPS and Kennen is the strongest caster on the Ionian team. Ezreal can pick up either role, but I don't think he is quite as strong as either Ashe or Kennen are in their individual roles.
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2010 3:12pm | Report
Shen, Rammus, Amumu or Ashe
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 11:50am | Report
Even though Shen and Amumu are commonly banned tanks, I think that they'll refrain from banning either of them because if they ban Amumu, Shen can easily take his place and vice versa. A better ban, mostly because there are so few champions to fill the roles, would to ban a champion that is irreplaceable.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 1:02pm | Report
another thing too, is that the winning team will decide the next item to join LoL.

either a fancy new pair of boots or a fancy new dorans item.

i want the boots. but we'll just have to see...
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 1:20pm | Report
I wasn't previously aware of those conditions. Nice to know.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 1:43pm | Report
it was mentioned in the JoJ, that they will add one of those 2 items.

i would still like to know what both of them do, despite who wins.

another random note but yay health/mana pots become eggnog for the holidays.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide