Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's final Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Dominion Basics?!

Creator: ShenMasterFlash September 23, 2011 8:14am
11 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
ShenMasterFlash
<Member>
ShenMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2011 8:14am | Report
Holy god i get my *** kicked every single time in dominion. I have NO clue what I should be doing. It feels just like chaos, no strategy involved at all cuz everyone is new. I completely disregard minions, and just run to zones to try to capture. I just want to know some basic dominion strategy to use throughout the game. After capture, sohuld I STAY at the tower I captured, or should I continue to roam? Also, is it better to stick together as a team or all go run about alone? Lastly, I just want ONE champion that you KNOW succeeds in dominion, and how you build them. So I cna just keep practicing with one that we know works. Thanks!
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2011 8:32am | Report
1 name: LEE SIN!!!!

he works wonders!

He is a amazing duelist and can hold a point thank to his shield + ult.

My items are the following:

Basic boots and a prospectors blade, merc treads, sheen, Entropy, trinity force.

After that, i usually just build more damage (i love myself some damage) but its probably smarter to buy a more defensive items.

spend a point in each of his ability's, after level op Q first then E and W last. (point in ult when you can)

His early game damage is crazy.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
L1LShadow
<Member>
L1LShadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2011 6:19pm | Report
Concerning your questions, it really all depends on situation just like Summoner's Rift. Only defend if you have to defend it since you see enemies around capture points. You should stick in a group so that you can't get ganked and capturing points is easier. Also makes it easier to gank and defend. Only capture points alone if you can and no one will get you since capturing is important. If they are defending the points then that is when you push since minions capture towers aswell. Usually, tanky dps champions do well in dominion, but many other champions do well too, Xin Zhao is a specific champion, plus hes free this week.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 1:20am | Report
Your team shouldn't be together, always split, you just need 3 capture points to win so protect and defend those with your life, take a mobility character such as Rammus, Akali, Nidalee, those with global ultimates such as Gangplank, Twisted Fate, Pantheon, or those who can defend like a boss Shaco, Teemo, Heimerdinger.

If you capture a turret, and you are alone with no one near you, you should protect that turret because someone is just going to come right after you leave to take it. But if there's at least 1 other person with you you can either stay or leave it to them to protect.

Hope this helps.

TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 8:14am | Report
#1: Capture a point and go to the enemy's. Of course you'll find someone on the way, just fight.

#2: Try to backdoor. While the enemies are attacking, try to capture a point to make some retreat and defend.

#3: Get a fast champion, or someone with a long-ranged skill to stop enemies.
L1LShadow
<Member>
L1LShadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 9:08am | Report
Well if you capture 3 points you should defend it "together" since they can just leave one at bot or top to defend while 4 ganks the split team. You start capturing more points when you kill them. But if you don't have 3 points thats when you want to ninja the points next to them.
letsgoROSH
<Member>
letsgoROSH's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 9:18am | Report
Nobody is really terrible on Dominion, but some are miles better than others. Rammus for example. He has incredible mobility with Powerball, and an excellent taunt. I have seen people build him more tanky dps on Dominion, going items like Sunfire Aegis, Warmog's Armor, Atma's Impaler, and then like Black Cleaver, and it works surprisingly well.
Sticking together as a team is probably the best decision, but it really depends on the game situation. If you are winning, and it's a close call, and both teams could lose at any moment, you should probably travel in 2's and have one defender. If you are stomping them, just roam.
I like to backdoor, mostly because it throws the enemy's team composition into a loop. They all get angry at each other for not protecting it.
Some champions that I have seen excel in Dominion are:
Irelia
Tryndamere
Shaco
Rammus
Gangplank
Pantheon
Lee Sin/ Kennen
Katarina
Nidalee
Heimerdinger
Annie
Those are some of my favorites, and have seen them dominate in this mode.
Want an awesome Phoenix Udyr jungle guide? CLICK HERE

Also, if I helped you out, don't forget to +Rep me! :)
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 11:38am | Report
I think letsgoROSH playe either with or against me, cause Irelia is in the top of his list and I've only played as Irelia in Dominion ^^

The thing is get a champion that has either good speed or AoE damage or long range.
Narcrush
<Member>
Narcrush's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 6:28pm | Report
I have been fairly successful in the Dominion betas and I have noticed on big thing. Holding three points in more important than trying to 4 cap, 5 cap, or trying to complete the quest. The only time I have lost is when someone half the team leaves our turrets and rushed the quest, while three of the enemies run around and cap the bases that aren't protected.

Also, Riven is beastly in Dominion, undefeated so far with her, and Lee Sin is a great pick as well.
Please check out my first Guide on Riven and tell me what you think!
ThunderVlogs
<Member>
ThunderVlogs's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2011 5:23am | Report
Champ: WuKong
spells: heal + flash
buy first: Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Ability: crushing bow, decoy and nimbus strike (all 3 starting)

items:
ionian boots of lucidity, trinity force, bloodthirster, youmuu's ghostblade, Banshee's Veil and infinety edge/bloodthirster (wich u like the best)

strategy:
press Q and use E to jump to the escaping enemy to finish them.
use W to escape, if that doesn't work you have heal and flash ;)
ultimate relic + WuKong = BEAST

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide