Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 631 of 728
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 9:11am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
If I wore that today, I'd be a puddle. It was literally 40 degrees the other day, here in Australia.
If I'd worn that anytime during the last week or so, I'd've frozen (that hat isn't wind proof at all and I don't see any wool layers xD). Until yesterday it was really damn cold (-15 c or so at the "warmest" most days) and extremely windy. We had a "heat wave", it got back up to 5 (ironically, around 40 degrees Fahrenheit) degrees yesterday and that was jacket weather by comparison.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 9:19am | Report
GMD, I've already established I have reached the limit of rep I can give you, so just share a photo of yourself instead.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 11:41am | Report
Not trying to flare up debate again, just wanted to respond to what was written since I've been away. I promise I'll make it up to you by posting an image of myself :3

If you wanna give me **** please do the same to GMD, because his post on the last page is just screaming flamebait and would be bound to flare up some ****ty/pointless discussion if I had less self-control than I do.
At the same time, if being blunt serves no real purpose, it's often better to just refrain from doing so. I can think of no reason you NEEDED to tell me you thought I was fishing for compliments besides your (seemingly) own unwillingness to exercise any amount of restraint.
You're wrong, and kind of narrow-minded in your approach of the issue.
I can think of several reasons. Being blunt is actually a quite useful tool for teaching in many cases.
As for the actual reason I did it, it was along the lines of causing self-reflection over your behavior, hopefully teaching you something about yourself that you wouldn't have noticed otherwise and promoting more honest behavior.
Again, not calling you the second coming of hitler here. (love that pic)
Quoted:
If I insult myself I'm definitely proving you're right about me
Huuh? O.o
Why would you insult yourself? I've never mentioned anything of the sort. You're not making any sense.
I'm unaware of any other grudges he has towards you
Erm.. *raises hand* None, is what I'd like to say.
I'm just annoyed by meek insecurity. And some of Nameless' posts strike me as finding excuses to talk about herself because she's too insecure to just be honest about it.

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 11:56am | Report
Searz wrote:
If you wanna give me **** please do the same to GMD, because his post on the last page is just screaming flamebait

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 12:08pm | Report
Searz wrote:
You're wrong, and kind of narrow-minded in your approach of the issue.
I can think of several reasons. Being blunt is actually a quite useful tool for teaching in many cases.
As for the actual reason I did it, it was along the lines of causing self-reflection over your behavior, hopefully teaching you something about yourself that you wouldn't have noticed otherwise and promoting more honest behavior.
You disagreeing with me does not make me wrong, it means you disagree. If you had just ignored what I posted would nothing have happened? yes, so perhaps you should think about what YOU'RE doing instead of worrying about what I'm doing. The fact that you believe I was doing something does not make it the case. The fact that a random person who looked at what was said with no context might think it was the case also does not matter because random people aren't involved.

Quoted:
Huuh? O.o
Why would you insult yourself? I've never mentioned anything of the sort. You're not making any sense
I was referencing the first picture you posted at me, I would have thought that was obvious.

Quoted:
Erm.. *raises hand* None, is what I'd like to say.
As you stated before, implicit behavior's a *****. :P If you don't want people, including me, to think you dislike me and have a bad habit of calling me out for things you've ignored other people doing (the video game thread where you told me off for my list while ignoring other people who had some of the same games on their lists is a good exmaple), you should probably stop doing that, hmm?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 12:23pm | Report
You disagreeing with me does not make me wrong, it means you disagree.
Actually, in this case you're just flat out wrong.
You assumed that I had no reason for being blunt. You are wrong. Simple as that.
Quoted:
The fact that you believe I was doing something does not make it the case.
No it indeed does not, but the same applies to you :P
You made just as many assumptions about my behavior, so wouldn't it be hypocritical to complain about that?
Quoted:
I was referencing the first picture you posted at me, I would have thought that was obvious.
Okay, but I already addressed that in another post.
Quoted:
As you stated before, implicit behavior's a *****. :P If you don't want people, including me, to think you dislike me and have a bad habit of calling me out for things you've ignored other people doing (the video game thread where you told me off for my list while ignoring other people who had some of the same games on their lists is a good exmaple), you should probably stop doing that, hmm?
Did I not go through others' lists as well? Pretty sure I posted comments about several peoples' lists (or at least planned to, my 600 tabs are kind of a jungle sometimes and stuff gets lost), just that yours was the first and the one that caused the most discussion.

Again: I've called out others many times before, the most recent example being Slappiz.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 12:28pm | Report
Alright, that's enough. Send a PM if you want to discuss this further.

Honestly, the fact that a discussion started by someone being called out for posting a picture in a thread which was made to share pictures has gone on for so long (even after a previous warning) is ridiculous. And even if your intent was to "teach", this wasn't the proper time, place or way to do it.

Will be removing any further posts regarding this discussion, get back to posting pictures.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 1:35pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
Alright, that's enough. Send a PM if you want to discuss this further.

Honestly, the fact that a discussion started by someone being called out for posting a picture in a thread which was made to share pictures has gone on for so long (even after a previous warning) is ridiculous. And even if your intent was to "teach", this wasn't the proper time, place or way to do it.

Will be removing any further posts regarding this discussion, get back to posting pictures.

Finally.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 4:08pm | Report
GMD

Here's a picture of me with stuff painted on my face from OSH Club. Can't remember why we were painting faces. But I did my own 8D Old photo though. Haven't transferred my latest photos to my computer.

guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 4:21pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
GMD

*twitch*
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide