Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shen in ARAM

Creator: Troy Sin October 13, 2013 8:43am
1 2 3
Troy Sin
<Member>
Troy Sin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2013 8:43am | Report
im using energy runes for shen in ARAM. 20+ Energy + energy pr. lvl runes + energy regen runes + attackspeed marks. this combined with lots of cdr seems like the way to go?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2013 10:27am | Report
Energy runes are terrible overall. You're better off getting more resists or health in runes.

They're on par, if not worse, than flat/scaling mana runes. Only one person wants them.
Energy runes however, none of the energy champions want since they'll simply do better with other stats such as damage or survivability.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Troy Sin
<Member>
Troy Sin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2013 10:55am | Report
i do know that energy runes arent much good, but with full cdr shen has only 5 sec cd on his E which is the only good skill shen has in ARAM except ulti ofc. with 240 energy it is possible to use E often even without hitting any1, forexample just for chasing.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2013 11:24am | Report
As someone who maxes the shield first, I disagree. All of Shen's skills are useful, but that does not really justify getting more energy just so you can spam them.

Secondly, what are you getting for 40% CDR? Spirit Visage is fine for CDR, but what else? Maybe a locket, but you're still sitting at 30% with nothing really good to get you to that 40%.
Isolanporzellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2013 3:20pm | Report
I'd get MPen/Armor/MR/HP runes because u need the tankiness to be useful, energy recharges fast enough imo.
Feel free to have a look at one of my champion Guides:

Or have a short look at my champion ideas.
Troy Sin
<Member>
Troy Sin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2013 4:57pm | Report
well ofc shens shield is good, atleast early game. and i max shield first also. but when it gets to late game his E is the thing to go for. And with 5 sec CD u can use it lots of times during teamfights. normally shen isnt the one in focus so i really dont find tanky runes that important. atleast in ARAM where u get plenty money. My buy gives me 39 % CDR, which makes his ulti CD a bit more than 1 min.
my buy is btw: (spirit visage is good if they have lots AP) but usually i go: Locket, Boots of lucidity, Spirit of the ancient golem and then 4% CDR from masteries.
I simply find that energy is the only thing u cant buy, and shen is quite useless in ARAM if u cant spam his E. And i really dont see that full tank runes makes a big difference since u can buy what u get from runes for less than 1000 G. Another thing is the damage reduce when u taunt, when u can taunt all the time u dont take much dmg. I usually dont loose with this build so it cant be all bad. :D
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2013 5:05pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Secondly, what are you getting for 40% CDR? Spirit Visage is fine for CDR, but what else? Maybe a locket, but you're still sitting at 30% with nothing really good to get you to that 40%.

Spirit of the Ancient Golem with Ninja Tabi, Locket of the Iron Solari, Spirit Visage?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2013 6:21pm | Report

I don't really like Golem on Shen in ARAMs since you're wasting the mana regen and the bonus damage to minions. Just personal preference. But it's not terrible so, get it if you feel like it.

EDIT: If you're "spamming" taunt, then you're losing out on a lot really. This goes for ARAM, Dominion, SR, and TT. It's not really as good as you're making it out to be.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Troy Sin
<Member>
Troy Sin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2013 7:28pm | Report
i really cant see how u can compare SR with ARAM when it comes to shen but ok..
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2013 7:48pm | Report
I can compare them because they're played very similarly?

I mean, I don't know about you, but I play a really tanky Shen on both maps. And, it's fairly similar playstyles too.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide